The K-8 Parent-Student Handbook reads as follows:
1. Only students in Grades 3-8 may travel to and from school by alternate forms of transportation. (Walking, Bicycles, Skateboards, Roller Blades, and Scooters)
2. A parent-signed permission slip must be on file in the school office granting permission of alternative transportation to and from school.
3. All students are required to wear helmets in compliance with state law when riding a bicycle, skateboard, roller blades or a scooter.
4. Alternate forms of transportation must not be ridden on campus. Students will walk their alternative transportation on the sidewalk and school grounds. Skateboards, roller blades, and scooters must be carried on campus, and arrangements must be made with the homeroom teacher, and/or the school office to store them on campus during school hours.
5. Bicycles must be properly locked in bike rack.
6. When riding to and from school, students are expected to obey all traffic regulations.